1. Hardware Limited Warranty
1.1 Warranty Period
Thank you for purchasing AIOTO products. In order to protect your rights and interests, please read the following Warranty Policy carefully. NOTE: THIS WARRANTY POLICY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
AIOTO provides warranty service and official customer support, which only apply to new and certified refurbished products purchased from AIOTO official website, official stores on Amazon, PCHome, MOMO. And other official authorized channels such as Indiegogo.
We provide 1-year limited warranty for new Products (IP Camera/Accessories) purchased from AIOTO. And also 1-year warranty for AIOTO Certified Refurbished Products.
Replacement Unit: Warranty continues from the original date of purchase and will be extended for the number of whole days that the product has been out of the buyer’s hands for warranty repairs. Warranty starts on your invoice date.
The limited warranty does not apply to refurbished products or products that were resold by unauthorized resellers.
AIOTO’S limited product warranty does not provide refunds, returns or exchanges under most conditions. Product(s) replaced under the limited warranty will be replaced with factory refurbished product(s). If the defective product(s) are discontinued, end of life, or out of stock, AIOTO will issue a replacement with product(s) of equivalent value or features. We will attempt equivalent features before equivalent value. Brand new product(s) may also be used as a replacement in some cases. Product warranty periods do not renew with replacement units. The original purchase date and warranty period will apply to replacement products.
Important Note: To be eligible to receive warranty service, you must present your receipt of purchase or a comparable substitute proof of purchase bearing the date of purchase. The following conditions may also disqualify you from this limited warranty period; Any unauthorized obliteration or tearing up of the product bar code or Any defects caused by transportation or loading during returning voyage and Any other defects that are not caused by workmanship or product quality.
We reserve the right to inspect products returned from its customers to determine the cause of the problem. This warranty does not cover the following:
1) Products damaged during shipping due to insufficient or improper packaging.
2) Damage caused by force majeure (such as fire, flood, war, earthquake, snowstorm, etc.).
3) Damage caused by normal wear of parts, scratches, surface rust or deterioration, improper use, improper storage, improper testing, negligent use of improper voltage or current, accidental damage, abnormal or unusual use, use of unauthorized accessories or modules, use contrary to the operating instructions, improper operating temperature/environment, or lack of regular maintenance.
4) Product repaired, dismantled, or altered by unauthorized technical personnel.
5) Abuse firmware upgrade without the authorized technician’s guidance.
6) Damage caused by computer viruses.
7) Removed trade-marks, serial tags, or product stickers that void our warranty.
8) Products are marked as “sample” or “Not for Sale” or sold “AS IS” or sent to you as “prototype”.
9) Products are purchased from unauthorized distributors or resellers.
10) Damage has resulted from accident, dismantling, abuse, or service or modification by someone other than the appointed vendor, souse, fission, or the spare part has been over the period of warranty.
11) Products are damaged due to the violation of direction on safe battery handling and usage.
12) Warranty is for the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
1.3 Out of Warranty
AIOTO will repair or replace defective products, provided that such repairs or replacements are subject to the required components' availability.
The customer shall pay the two-way shipping, packing, insurance, repair/replacement service fees, and other costs, including necessary labor and parts.
Customer shall ship defective products freight prepaid to AIOTO. AIOTO shall ship repaired products freight collect to the customer. If the customer has a pending delivery, the repaired products shall be shipped together with the customer's order. Otherwise, it will be shipped separately.
Customer shall be responsible to advise its customers/ end users regarding the interoperability/compatibility, supported or qualified hardware/software by AIOTO before installation and shall contact AIOTO sales representative if any assistance is needed.
All out-of-warranty products returned for repaired or replacement services, the repaired or replacement parts shall be warranted to be free from defects in material or workmanship for ninety (90) days from the repaired or replacement parts delivery by AIOTO.
1.4 Limitation of Damages
AIOTO is not responsible for other extra warranty or commitment promised by resellers, agents, distributors or any other third parties. If they promised you some extra commitment or warranty, please ask for written documents to protect your rights and interests.
In addition to the above warranty forfeiture, in no event will AIOTO be responsible for any consequential, incidental, exemplary, or special damages, including any damages for lost data or lost profiles, arising from or relating to this limited warranty or the product, and AIOTO’s total cumulative liability arising from or related to this limited warranty or the product will not exceed the amount actually paid for the product by you.
2. Return & Refund Policy
All Transactions and purchases made on the site is final and AIOTO offers no return and exchange unless it can be clearly shown that the product shipped is defected.
Product: At AIOTO, we are committed to our customers’ satisfaction. If the product did not meet your expectations or was defective, you can refer to the following policies to request for a refund, exchange or repairment in terms of your situation.
Accessories: If you’re unsatisfied with any of the accessories, we can get it replaced or issue you a full refund anytime you need. And the new replacements will be shipped to you via EMS with freight borne by us.
Important Note: Normally the orders that are under processing, being on hold or have been shipped out (you have received the tracking number or your order status is completed) cannot be canceled. If you have to refuse delivery after the package is dispatched from AIOTO due to force majeure, you are subject to the following return and refund policies and must pay for the original shipping charges, which will be deducted from your refund.
2.1 Summary of AIOTO Warranty Policy
|Refund||Exchange||Cost of Shipping
|Cost of Shipping
|Within 7 Days||✓||✓||Customer||AIOTO|
|Out of Warranty||✕||✕||✕||✕|
|Within 7 Days||✓||✓||AIOTO||AIOTO|
|Out of Warranty||✕||✕||Customer||Customer|
|Within 7 Days||✕||Customer||Customer||Customer|
|Out of Warranty||✕||Customer||Customer|
2.2 Return Policy for Products Purchased from AIOTO
(1) For Unwanted Products
If the AIOTO product that you purchased directly from AIOTO does not meet your satisfaction or does not apply to your installation application, but was not defective, we call such product as “unwanted product”.
You may return the unwanted product (Product for Refund) to AIOTO for a full refund or replacement within 7 days of the delivery date unless otherwise specified in the products’ listing on our website, on the receipt or packing slip. You are responsible for the shipping fees. Beyond the end of those 7 days, refund and exchanges for unwanted product are not available.
To avoid any delay or denial of processing your refund request, please verify that your Product for Refund satisfies all of our following inspection criteria (the “Inspection Criteria”).
The Product for Refund must be:
1) In the original manufacturers packaging and shipped securely.
2) Complete with all the accessories, documentation, and standard certification labels originally, including, but is not limited to, UL listing, capacity, brand name, UPC code.
3) Free of any permanent alterations including, but not limited to paint, altered connection inputs, severed wires or cables, or indication of removed screws/fasteners or seals.
4) Free from damages of any type, including, but not limited to dents, scratches, cracks, abuse, defacement, or damages resulting from power surges.
5) Labeled with a security seal, which is intact and not tampered with.
For your own benefit, we recommend that you use a traceable carrier that can provide you with the delivery confirmation to ship your Product for Refund back to the location instructed in the RMA authorization. AIOTO shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Product for Refund caused in transit.
The Product for Refund will be thoroughly inspected by AIOTO when received and a decision will be made whether the Inspection Criteria are met. If your Product for Refund fails to satisfy the Inspection Criteria (the “Non-conforming Product for Refund”) and has been shipped to AIOTO, your Non-conforming Product for Refund will be rejected or subject to a restocking fee of up to 15% at AIOTO’s sole discretion. The inspection may take up to 5 business days from the time your Product for Refund is received.
Important: 1) For an unwanted AIOTO Certified Refurbished Product, a full refund is not available. You can only exchange refurbished product for refurbished product, not new device.
2) If the Non-conforming Product for Refund is rejected by AIOTO, you will be billed with the cost and fees of shipping the Non-conforming Product for Refund from AIOTO back to you.
(2) For Non-Manmade Defective Products
If the product is defective (non-manmade) when you receive it, within 7 days of delivery, you can return to AIOTO and get a full refund or replacement. AIOTO are responsible for all shipping fees.
Beyond the 7 days but within 1-year warranty, a full refund is not available, but replacement or repair is acceptable. You are responsible for the return-to-AIOTO shipping fees and AIOTO will bear the freight of new replacements or repaired units.
Out of Warranty, you are responsible for the shipping fees back and forth. The freight of replacements and repaired units are calculated by the actual package weight and size.
Important: For a non-manmade defective AIOTO Certified Refurbished Product, a full refund is not available. Within the 1-year warranty, you can only exchange refurbished product for refurbished product, not new device.
(3) For Manmade Defective Products
If the product is manmade defective, refund is not available. Within Warranty, replacement or repair is acceptable, but you are responsible for any of the service charge, shipping cost and other fees.
Important: For a manmade defective AIOTO Certified Refurbished Product, replacement or repair is acceptable, but you have to bear any fees due to that.
2.3 How to Return
Step 1: Fill out the RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) request form.
Step 2: Send the form to email@example.com to obtain an RMA number.
Step 3: Then pack the items and ship them to the address we provided.
1) AIOTO strongly suggests that the customer first contacts AIOTO's technical support or sales department for an initial analysis of possible causes and solutions for any encountered problems before returning product for repair.
2) Returned items must be packed properly and safely, preferably in the original packaging. The RMA number should be marked clearly on the outside of the package. AIOTO is not responsible for any damage or loss during transportation due to improper packaging.
3) The defective products must be shipped to AIOTO within 7 days from the issuance of the RMA. Shipping documents should be immediately sent to the AIOTO's customer sevice representative in charge of the customer's account. Failure to ship within 7 days automatically voids the RMA.
4) The customer shall bear the shipping cost when no defects are found in the returned product.
5) We will process your refund and automatically apply a credit to the credit card associated to your original order. Please allow 7-15 business days for credit to clear.
2.4 Shipping in Return Process
For your own benefit, we recommend that you use a traceable carrier that can provide you with delivery confirmation to ship your Returned Product back to the location instructed in the RMA authorization. AIOTO shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to the Returned Product caused in transit.
International customers may be subject to duties, taxes and brokerage fee. Customers are responsible for fees incurred.
If the returned product is tested and found to be non-defective or not covered by the AIOTO’s limited warranty by the certified AIOTO RMA technicians, you should be responsible for arranging shipment of the returned product from AIOTO to your location.
In the event that a replacement product is needed immediately, a cross-shipment option is available if the original purchase date is within 6 months of the cross-shipment request. AIOTO will ONLY provide free ground cross shipment to the continental USA destination. Any cross shipment to areas outside the continental USA will be charged additional shipping cost and other fees.
Requesting this option implies that your returned product has the defective part and you will ship it back to AIOTO within 7 calendar days of the authorization of the cross shipment.
If the returned product is verified not covered by AIOTO’s limited warranty by the certified AIOTO RMA technicians, you should be responsible for arranging shipment of the returned product from AIOTO to your location.
2.5 Return Policy for Products Purchased from a Third-Party
If the AIOTO product that you have purchased from the third-party stores or vendors does not function to your satisfaction or does not apply to your installation, please contact the third-party store or vendor where the product was originally purchased for the return and refund policy. All the return and refund processes related to the AIOTO products purchased from third-party stores or vendors are subject to the specific policies of the third-party stores or vendors. Please refer to the return and refund policy of the original store or vendor that you purchased your AIOTO product for specific information. AIOTO is not responsible for their refund and return.
3. Upgrade or Exchange Policy
AIOTO is unable to exchange any returned product with a different type unless the returned product satisfies all the following requirements:
1) The returned product is returned to AIOTO for repair or replacement under the AIOTO’s limited warranty and within the warranty period (1-year warranty).
2) The returned product is found to be defective and non-repairable by the certified AIOTO RMA technicians.
3) Products under the same model as the returned product are out of stock.
If the returned product satisfies the described requirements, AIOTO will offer, at its sole discretion, a variety of options for substitution or an upgrade product.
Important Note: For the new exchange products, you cannot request another substitution unless they are defective.
4. Missing Parts Policy
In the event that your ordered product comes to your hands with parts missing, the specific policies depend on where your products are shipped from.
(1) For Orders Shipped Directly from AIOTO’s Warehouse
Customers must inform us within 7 days of the delivery date if they are missing products’ part or receiving the wrong products.
If your order included the product with a hard-disk drive, and a hard-disk drive was not installed in the product that you received, AIOTO may ask for image confirmations before exchanging the product you received with a complete one.
If your order was not delivered or the ordered product arrived damaged, please contact AIOTO customer support. In the event that your ordered product arrived damaged or incomplete due to external damages, please keep all interior and exterior packaging as this is needed when we file the shipping claim with the carrier service we used to ship your order.
(2) For Orders Shipped from Third-Party Stores or Vendors
If your order arrived incomplete, was not delivered, or the ordered product was damaged, please contact the third-party store or vendor where the order was placed and shipped through the detailed policy or information.
5. Warranty Disclaimer
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN, AIOTO MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES REGARDING THE PRODUCT, WHETHER EXPRESS, ORAL, IMPLIED, STATUTORY, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW, OR AS A RESULT OF USAGE OF TRADE, COURSE OF DEALING, OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. AIOTO HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR WARRANTIES OTHERWISE ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS AND SERVICES, AND WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING.
AIOTO WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DATA LOSS RESULTING FROM ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, EITHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, INTENTIONAL OR AS AN UNINTENTIONAL CONSEQUENCE OF OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
THE REMEDIES STATED IN THIS DOCUMENT CONSTITUTE THE CUSTOMER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDIES AND AIOTO'S SOLE LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTIES SET FORTH HEREIN.
6. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL AIOTO'S TOTAL, CUMULATIVE LIABILITY ARISING FROM THE SALE, USE AND DISPOSITION OF THE PRODUCT EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES, UP TO THE CHARGES (IF RECURRING, 12 MONTHS' CHARGES APPLY) FOR THE PRODUCT THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL AIOTO BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY THE OTHER FOR ANY PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, INCURRED BY THAT PARTY, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE OR PRODUCT LIABILITY) OR WARRANTY, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, USE AND DISPOSITION OF THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7. Version Update
AIOTO reserves the right to make adjustments and/or changes to this warranty policy from time to time without notice.