Last updated on February 26, 2021.
Some of the concepts might seem a little technical, and we've tried our best to explain them in a simple and clear way. Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions.
1) AIOTO hardware products (including our AIOTO branded products) (“Products”),
2) website(s) that may be accessed at https://aiototech.com (“Website”),
3) software that may be downloaded to your smartphone to access Services (“Mobile Apps”), and
4) subscription services, including services you can access using the Mobile Apps (“Subscription Services”).
2. What Information We Collect
We collect the following information when you visit our Site or using our Products and Services: (1) Personal Information
1) Contact information. When you register a AIOTO account, contact us via email, or register AIOTO products you bought, we might collect that information such as your name, email address and phone number.
2) Payment information. We may collect credit card and billing information, including payment transactions, to process your order. For example, we collect your credit card number when you buy a subscription to use some of our Services, for shipping services related to a warranty replacement, or when you purchase a Subscription Service from AIOTO.
3) Videos. We collect, process, and store the videos that you capture with your AIOTO systems for various time periods depending on your settings. This may include capturing and emailing to you portions of the videos as part of a notification or analyzing the data to identify motion or other events. We may process Personal Information from your AIOTO cameras so that we can send you alerts when something happens.
4) Third party personal information. If you choose to provide us with a third party's personal information (such as name, email, and phone number), you must ensure that you have the third party's permission to do so. Examples include providing us with the names and images that you associate with account users or forwarding reference or marketing material to a friend.
2. Device Information
1) Device setup information. We collect information related to the setup and usage of AIOTO products, such as device name, model, UID, and adjustments you make to the product setup.
2) Technical information about the device such as firmware and software version, WiFi signal strength and environmental data from AIOTO’s sensors like ambient light in the room.
3) Information about your mobile device, such as mobile device ID, device model and operating system, to enable AIOTO App to function properly.
4) Information from interaction with Third Parties. If AIOTO offers any product or account connections or integrations with third-party products, applications, functionality, or services (collectively, "Third-Party Products and Services"), and you choose to enable or connect to such Third-Party Products and Services through the means authorized and directed by AIOTO and/or such third-party partners, you acknowledge and agree that we may share certain information about your AIOTO Product with such third parties for account authentication and management, and to enable the activation, connection and integration with and to such Third-Party Products and Services on such third parties’ platforms.
In some cases, AIOTO or the Third-Party partner will instead (or also) ask for permission to control the AIOTO Products and Services and/or Third-Party Products and Services that you have activated and connected to. Your consent is required to allow any of these exchanges or requests for control and you will be able to revoke or disable it at any time.
We may also receive information such as connected monitor model from other third-party partners and combine that with the information in your AIOTO account to determine eligibility and efficacy of our programs.
3. How We Use Your Information
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1) Provide you with the Services and communicate with you. We will use your Personal Information to deliver our Services and to interact with you directly.
2) Maintain, improve and develop products and Services. We will use your Personal Information to ensure our Services are working as intended and to make improvements to our Services. We will also use the information we collect in existing Services to help us develop new ones or to customize Services for you. For example, we might conduct surveys so we know our customers. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary. If you participate, we will request certain personal information from you and we may use the information you provide to improve our products and services, and to administer those programs.
3) Internal data analyses. We use Personal Information for internal analytics to understand how our Services are used.
4) Marketing. We may send you marketing communications about Products, Services, offers, programs and promotions (including contests, sweepstakes and any other marketing activities) either directly from us or from our partners. These might be our own offers or Products, or offers for third-party products we think you might find interesting, but we do not share information with third parties for their independent marketing or promotional purposes.
5) Protect our company, prevent fraud and securing our Products. We may use your Personal Information to protect our company, our customers, or our Websites.
6) We use information to complete the delivery process. We render your name, address, phone number and other information necessary to the shipment companies that deliver products to you.
7) Compliance with law and other standards. We may use your Personal Information as required by applicable laws and regulations or requested by any judicial process or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over AIOTO or its affiliates.
8) Other activities. We may process your Personal Information for other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
4. How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share Personal Information in the following ways or as otherwise disclosed to you at the time of data collection:
1) Within the AIOTO family of companies worldwide. We may share the Personal Information we collect with our headquarters and affiliates.
2) With service providers. We also may share Personal Information with our service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions and in compliance with appropriate confidentiality and security measures. Examples of services include: processing of orders and credit card transactions, sending marketing communications, sharing your email address to assist us with sales-related efforts or post-sales support, and providing customer support.
3) With friends you invite. You can decide to share your AIOTO camera access by sending an invitation link to friends.
5) We may share information for legal reasons. We will share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of AIOTO if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
．meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request
．detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or
．protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AIOTO, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
6) Others. If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing.
5. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we maintain about you and certain choices about what Personal Information we collect from you, how we use it, and how we communicate with you.
2) You can opt out of receiving any emails from us. To stop receiving our emails, click "Unsubscribe" in any email you get from us. Don't worry! Even if you opt-out of getting emails, we will still be sure to contact you for important updates or notices. For example, we may still contact you about your orders, you will also continue to receive critical technical information about your AIOTO products.
3) You can choose not to install our applications or fill out a warranty card. This choice may limit your warranty service or your ability to use our Services.
4) You have the right to request that we delete information we have collected from you. To exercise your rights, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by matching information you provide us with information we have about you. We will not discriminate against you because you have exercised any of your rights under the applicable privacy laws and regulations
For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access and support so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate, or delete the data if AIOTO is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
6. Individuals Located in the EEA or Switzerland
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your Personal Information for the purposes listed under Section 3 above based on the following legal grounds:
1) You have consented to the use of your Personal Information. For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies when you visit our Website, or to send you marketing communications.
2) We need your Personal Information to provide you with Products and Services requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries.
3) We have a legal obligation to use or disclose your Personal Information, for example, if we are responding to a legal process or an enforceable governmental request.
4) We (or a third party) have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information for things like:
．Providing, maintaining, and improving our Services to meet the needs of our users
．Developing new products and features that are useful for our users
．Understanding how people use our Services to ensure and improve the performance of our Services
．Customizing our Services to provide you with a better user experience
．Delivering marketing information to inform existing customers about our Services
．Detecting, preventing, or otherwise addressing fraud, abuse, security, or technical issues with our Services
．Protecting against harm to the rights, property or safety of AIOTO, our users, or the public as required or permitted by law
．Performing research that improves our Services for our users and benefits the public
．Fulfilling obligations to our partners like developers and rights holders; and
．Enforcing legal claims, including investigation of potential violations of applicable Term of Services.
We comply with applicable legal requirements providing adequate safeguards for the transfer of Personal Information to countries other than the country where you are located. In particular, we use contractual protections for the transfer of Personal Information to third parties, such as the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses. You may contact us as specified below to obtain a copy of such document.
You have the right to request access and receive information about the Personal Information we maintain about you, to update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Information, to restrict or object to the processing of your Personal Information, to have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate, or to exercise your right to data portability to easily transfer your Personal Information to another company. Those rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. In addition to the above-mentioned rights, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority subject to applicable law.
In addition, if we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time and free of charge. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before your consent withdrawal.
You may exercise your rights to your Personal Information by emailing us at:
7. Data Transfers
8. Children’s Privacy
Our Products and Services are meant for adults. We do not knowingly allow children under 18 to set up AIOTO or AIOTO accounts. If you believe that we may have collected Personal Information from someone under 18, please let us know using the methods described in the Contact Us section, and we will take appropriate measures to investigate and address the issue promptly.
9. How We Protect Your Personal Information
Retention of Personal Information
We also take measures to delete your Personal Information or keep it in a form that does not permit identifying you when this information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we process it or when you request its deletion, unless we are allowed or required by law to keep the information for a longer period. We complete periodic reviews of our databases, and have established time limits for certain data deletion, taking into account the type of services provided in the context of the Products and Services, the length of our relationship with you, mandatory retention periods, and the statute of limitations.
10. Third Party Services
11. Update to this policy
12. Contact Us
If you have questions about this policy, or need help exercising your privacy rights, please contact us at: email@example.com.